Weak Ass Position on Gay Rights

Love one Another

John 13:34-35 "I give you a new commandment: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my diciples, if you have love for one another."

No Matter What - We Will Win, Hate and Ignorance will lose.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Truth

I have, in my ageing years, always sought the truth (granted, the truth as I understand it). As such, at times I have compromised friendships along the way. In all honesty I would rather be a lonely old man living in a cave, sans friends, then to live without the truth.
As some of you know the anti gay Constitution Amendment initiatives are not over with yet. The Florida bigots get their chance at the ballot in 2008.
We learned from Michigan that the Catholic Church and its minions not only want to destroy gay marriage, they want to destroy gay relationships (I guess it is their way of recruiting more priests). Florida is facing the same language as Michigan and I guess Virginia. This Constitutional Amendment does not only ban gay Marriage, it bans contracts made between two people of the same sex. Your “Dual Power of Attorney” will be null and void. If either you or your partner depend on each other for Health Care Insurance under Domestic partner benefit rules, that will be gone. In the State of Florida Gay/Lesbian partners can not, today, decide the determination of their partners in the case of death. That is to say, a “blood relative” (you know, the one who would have nothing to do with you ever) has more rights then your life partner and will have total claim on your estate if the Constitutional Amendment, vigorously being promoted by the Roman Catholic Church is passed.
Just recently I received an email listing the names of those who signed the “petition” to place the Constitutional Amendment on the Ballot. On that list was a neighbor three doors away. This woman is a Catholic but she has always been nice to me. When I saw her name on the list I almost cried. This lady, with her baby, was in my home, she always came up to me at neighbor parties and was gracious but then I thought, you never know.
So I sent her a copy of the petition showing her name as a signer to ban gay marriage, explaining to her that her signature on this petition not only banned “gay marriage” if banned all contracts between gay men and women and not only released Governments and corporations from offering “domestic partner” benefits but made it unlawful for them to do so. In other words, many Gay Americans will lose their health care insurance.
She sent me an email saying that she never signed any petition. She is a Catholic and attends Catholic Church. My gut feeling and my gut is usually more than correct, is that the Roman Catholic Church has chosen to win at all cost, their souls dammed to hell, in order to destroy the Gay and Lesbian Community. Some aggressive “Catholics” in some Parishes took it upon themselves to sign the names of all the parishioners on their mailing lists, shame on them but shame on us for not taking them to task.
This is not my “Catholic Church”; this is an aberration if there ever was one.
So I have made it my promise and my mission to “OUT” any Gay person associated with the Roman Catholic Church. I can no longer tolerate flagrant hypocrisy I will no longer idly stand by and watch hypocrites preaching hate from pulpits then go sucking dick at the first opportunity, singing songs and clapping hands, while their Church diminishes the dignity of our relationships. This can not stand.
I am not quite sure why anyone would have a problem understanding the honesty of this message, bottom line, It has to stop…….game on.
Peace,
Bart

No comments: