Weak Ass Position on Gay Rights

Love one Another

John 13:34-35 "I give you a new commandment: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my diciples, if you have love for one another."

No Matter What - We Will Win, Hate and Ignorance will lose.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Palin's Dilemma

I have the deepest respect for Governor Palin and her Husband’s decision to support their daughter’s unfortunate position. I had a similar occurrence in my family and the parents struggled with what to do. Thankfully, working together, a beautiful child was born and welcomed into a great family, my family. The better news is that my family member and the child are in a lifelong and loving relationship, supported by our family.

The great news is that our family did not force a marriage between two people who did not love one another. They were stupid teenagers who had unsafe sex and got pregnant. They were lucky, I guess, they didn’t spread AIDS, Gonorrhea, climidia or other sexual diseases, they just got pregnant and a life was created.

I have not heard a lot from this “Levi” guy who is the apparent father of this child but I want to make one thing clear, Marriage is for those who love each other, it is not something you do because you made a mistake. Marriage, in these cases is taken down to that lowest denominator and is an insult to any person who has dedicated their life to another person. Hence, I would ask Governor Palin and Her husband not to force that commitment on two young people if they are not ready to accept that challenge, and worse of all if they do not truly love each other.

If Governor Palin’s daughter and the father of her child really love each other then the marriage should happen but, if there is no love than they should arrange for the care of the child and go their separate ways.

bart

No comments: