Weak Ass Position on Gay Rights

Love one Another

John 13:34-35 "I give you a new commandment: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my diciples, if you have love for one another."

No Matter What - We Will Win, Hate and Ignorance will lose.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

McCain - "I Agree" Bring Back the Millitary Draft

I am pleased that finally the Republican nominee for the Presidency, Senator John McCain, and I agree on something and that is the subject of reinstituting the Military Service Draft. In a recent Town Hall Meeting Senator McCain was advised by one of the participants that, “If we don't re-enact the draft, I don't think we'll have anyone to chase Bin Laden to the gates of Hell” (Chasing Bin Laden to the gates of hell is part of Senator McCain’s stump speech). Sen. McCain’s response: “Ma'am let me say that I don't disagree with anything you have said and thank you”. So Senator McCain and I agree on one issue, but for different reasons. Senator McCain and the current Republican War machine will need more cannon fodder for their wars, your children, to fight their wars in Iraq, Iran and goodness, now Russia. Who would have ever thought that the final words of the last great Republican President, Dwight D. Eisenhower, would go so unheeded; “In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist”. Senator McCain and I do agree that a Military Draft is important, he to supply more bodies for war, me to wake American parents and young people up to the disaster of Republican folly. Go ahead, elect McCain, then start packing your kids bags to send them off to war.

No comments: