Weak Ass Position on Gay Rights

Love one Another

John 13:34-35 "I give you a new commandment: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my diciples, if you have love for one another."

No Matter What - We Will Win, Hate and Ignorance will lose.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Losing My Best Friend

If, during the night, I have to get up for whatever reason, I first have to look down and make sure I don’t step on my guardian. Any baby boomer boy would envy the fact that the real Lassie is not in Hollywood but living in River Club in Bradenton, FL. Ok, it is not the real Lassie, as a matter of fact, just between her and me, her real name is Mouse but publicly she is known as Lassie. She has been my buddy for twelve years now and like most pet owners the thought of her leaving me is just unbearable, but her time is near and I need to deal with it. She was recently diagnosed with inoperable tumors, big ones. I pretty much spent the few hours after being advised either crying alone, or inattentive to my surroundings. My best buddy, Lassie, my Mouse, needed me to make some decisions. I made a decision a long time ago that I would want the people who I love and who love me to allow me to die with dignity. I am not ready to make that decision for Mouse, yet, but I will when I know, and I will know, when the time is right.
Lassie will be the last pet I ever own, I am 60 years old and heading into the home stretch. My pets, all dogs, Flipper, Toto, Jeb, Mickey, Hans and yes Gretel, Daisy and Lassie the Mouse have all been a total comfort to me except for when I had to let them go.
There will be a time in the very near future when I will no longer have to look down to insure that I do not step on my guardian, Lassie. I will have to let her go and I will be certain that she leaves this world with my nose to hers, and as her little brown eyes less than an inch away close I hope that she is reassured that I love her.

No comments: